New Frontiers is the national entrepreneurial development programme for ambitious early-stage entrepreneurs with innovative business ideas which have the potential to scale and provide employment. It provides the skills, support, and confidence needed to make the leap to starting a successful business.
New Frontiers is designed for individuals who
- Are early-stage entrepreneurs with little or no experience in starting a business
- May be in full-time employment but have the desire to start their own business
- Have an innovative business idea with export and employment potential
- Can show evidence of a commercial market for their proposed product/service
- Have experience, sectoral and/or technical knowledge in the area of their business idea
- Have the drive and ambition required to commit fully to building a successful start-up
How Does New Frontiers Benefit Entrepreneurs?
- It offers regional access to applicants across 14 programmes and 16 locations.
- Open to business ideas from across all sectors including food & consumer products; information & communication technology; engineering & electronics; medical devices; biotechnology; pharma, digital media; cleantech/renewable energy; and eligible internationally-traded services
- Support package valued at €30,000 including a €15,000 tax-free stipend in Phase 2, subject to satisfactory performance – no equity is taken in your business
- Further support is available in Phase 3 to the value of €10,000+
- Personalised one-to-one mentoring offered by seasoned business mentors from the Enterprise Ireland Mentor network.
- Expert advice and guidance from an experienced programme team, business practitioners, investors and other entrepreneurs within the Institutes of Technology and Universities.
- Access to R&D facilities and specialist expertise from within the Institutes of Technology/Universities, including access to interns and graduates.
- Practitioner-led workshops in all areas of building a business.
- Regular milestone review meetings to monitor your progress.
- Free co-working space (during Phase 2 and 3).
- Support and guidance in the development of a strong business plan.
New Frontiers is a three-phase programme, consisting of practical and interactive workshops, personalised one-to-one mentoring, financial support and co-working space. New Frontiers is a game-changer for anyone serious about developing their business idea into a successful start-up.
Register your interest at the link below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
New Frontiers | Apply to Enterprise Ireland’s startup programme or
Testing the idea
Part time / 5 weeks
Validate the market potential of your business idea.
These workshops will provide information and general start-up training, allowing you to tease out your idea’s feasibility and to see whether a viable proposition exists..
The first phase will be online and part-time over a 9 evenings (over 5 weeks)
Develop the business
Full Time / 6 months
Intensive support to develop your own skills and to work up your business proposition. Through workshops, mentoring and regular reviews. Using these supports, you will fully detail and validate your business proposition and identify potential customers, sales channels and funding options. Phase 2 training will be delivered during working hours.
You must be available for full-time participation. To facilitate this, you will receive up to €15,000 in scholarship funding subject to satisfactory development reviews.
The aim of this phase is to support you in your development of an investor-ready business proposition.
Implement the business plan
On the basis of their potential to develop sales and/or secure investment, business’s emerging from Phase 2 will then be guided to the government supports that can best help them at their particular stage of development.
Further incubation facilities and support may be available to participants for a limited period.
Full- time commitment to your business.